12. I made the Chancellor's list at school not once, but TWICE. That means I had a 4.0 for the Spring and Fall semester. I'm a nerd! Yay!
11. I finished my last fulltime semester in December. Only 3 hours left til graduation in May!
10. I lost over 30 pounds over a 5 month period. We won't talk about what I've gained back... I'm still smaller than I was this time last year, so that's good. haha
8. Seiuli became a detective which moved him off the weekend night shift he's worked for almost 5 years. He is now home every night and weekend. I love it!
7. I read more in 2012 than I have in YEARS!! I found a great series I loved by Janette Oke. The "Love Comes Softly" series... it's a Christian-based series and so good! So while everyone else was reading "50 Shades of a Horny Housewife" I was reading a series based in pioneer days. :)
6. I got to research and present my most favorite project I've worked on since returning to school. It was all about the Stressed Endured by Law Enforcement Families. You can see it here.
5. Tristan played football for the Division I 4A STATE CHAMPIONS of Texas!! They played in Cowboys Stadium and showed the Cowboys HOW to win! It was an amazing game!!
4. In February Seiuli and fellow officers were commended at a City Council meeting. "Your response to the call demonstrated teamwork and tactical skill that prevented further violence or escape by the suspect. Your performance in this incident is in keeping with the highest standards of police service...Your courage and skill in the face of danger reflects positively on your professionalism and are highly valued by the L. Police Department..."
3. I surprised Tristan by dancing in the Senior Mom dance at a school pep rally. It was a ton of fun and I didn't suck too bad! You can watch it here. I'm in the back row right by the football players in the bright, neon greenish-yellowish shirt and black leggings.
2. I got to see friends in Utah on the way to drop kids off in Idaho so Sei and I could go on vacation! It was so fun to see them!
1. I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! I WENT TO HAWAII!! It was so so so amazing and a dream come true!! I surfed! I hiked! I ate pineapple! I want to live there!! You can read about most of our trip here.
Overall, 2012 was a great year, but I'm choosing to make 2013 even better!!!