So, my husband and I were talking about something- Idk what- that somehow led to me saying, "When I die they're gonna have to have my funeral in the church gym, not the chapel, because of the list of songs I want played." Seiuli, for some reason, thought that was hilarious even though I was completely serious. My dad has always said he wants "House of the Rising Sun" played on the organ at his funeral. Of course, if he goes before my mom she isn't going to allow that and I don't think the church will allow it to be played in the chapel. So... I'm having it played at mine. (I got your back Dad.) Why not? It'll sound rad.
I get that funerals are serious business, but if you know me you know my specialty is using humor to lighten the mood. I want it to be like that down til they bury me 6 feet deep. So, I came up with a list of songs I would like, at the very least, played at my "wake" or whatever it's called at the funeral home.
Please make a note of them:
- Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees
- Take My Breath Away by Berlin
- Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
- Ding Dong the Witch is Dead by The Munchkins
- Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
- I'm Still Standing by Elton John
- Bodies (Let the Bodies Hit the Floor) by Drowning Pool
- Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin
- Highway to Hell by ACDC
- Disco Inferno by The Trammps (My personal fave...)
and last but not least...
- Dust in the Wind by Kansas
"Dust. Wind. DUDE."