Back in my blogging days (where I blogged DAILY!!) I had a gratitude blog where I wrote about things I was thankful for. This helped me when we were neck-deep in court crap with exes or something equally as lame. Sometimes it just helped on a day when I was feeling a little down. It was a good exercise to help me concentrate on my blessings and realize how truly wonderful life is!
As I was riding my bike the other day, just cruisin' around I started listing things off in my head that make me happy... Now of course my family, my kids, etc... make me happy. I was trying to come up with new, less obvious things.
Here are a few of the things I thought of:
- My new high school graduate!!!! So proud of you Tristan!!!!
- My bike!!!! I love just going out for a ride, riding to the library, the grocery store, or to the park to read.
- Texas Wildflowers!!! I didn't realize how much I love them until I moved back to Texas from Utah. I had missed my Indian Paintbrushes!!
- The beach!!! Um, yeah... We're working on that. We are going on vacation to Destin, Florida again this year, but I'd love to live near a beach. I LOVE it.
- My library card!!! I've been a bookworm this year. I've read 47 books this year so far. My goal is 50. I should probably change it. I like to read self-help, inspirational books and I also love the Christian historical fiction romances. Ranchers with calloused hands or sheriffs wearing their long leather dusters... Hot. ;)
- The SUNSHINE!!!! I love the sun! I love the warmth!! I love being in the sun!!!
- The new duck family at our neighborhood pond!!!! We've been watching the eggs for weeks and now the 8 babies are here! Of course, the mama duck !!!QUACKS!!! for her babies to run like the wind blows any time we get near them, but they are here, healthy and happy, so YAY!!!
and last, but not least:
- My "Happy" Playlist on my iPod. I seriously have a playlist named "Happy." It has songs that just, well, make me feel HAPPY! And what makes me even happier?? Seiuli stole my playlist and has it on his iPod too!!! :) :) :)
What's on this amazing "Happy" playlist, you ask?? There's 16 or 17 songs, but just to name a few:
* New Soul by Yael Naim
* Clouds by A Firm Handshake (feat. Zach Sobiech)
* A Little Less Conversation by Elvis
* Wouldn't It Be Nice? by The Beach Boys
* Turn! Turn! Turn! by The Byrds
* Daydream Believer by The Monkees
* You & Your Heart by Jack Johnson
* Better Together by Jack Johnson
* I Luv the Way You by MY HUSBAND written FOR ME!!!!!
What makes you happy???
What song would be on YOUR "Happy" playlist?!?!